CSL Enclosed Auto Transport - Faq's
We have put together a list of most asked questions and concerns about enclosed auto transport that our customers have asked us to assist you in the process. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact one of our professional customer service representatives.
- Remove garage door openers if required.
- Remove EZ-pass, Sun-pass etc and if they are going with the vehicle wrap them in the protective covers provided or in aluminum foil. - - You do not want to pay for our tolls.
- Leave around a ¼ of a tank of gas in the vehicle.
- The vehicle is going in an enclosed transporter, If possible please clean or wash the vehicle prior to loading. The inspection is much easier if clean.
- Remove all flammables (starter fluids etc), liquids (bottles of windshield fluids etc), and explosives (no bullets or propane bottles etc.).
- Be sure all loose items are secured and will not move around, such as your spare tire.
- Be sure the vehicle starts, operates, and has brakes including the emergency brake.
- Be sure the tires maintain air pressure (no slow leaks).
- Notice and inform the Transport Operator of any leaks the vehicle may have (oil leaks, water leaks etc).
- Be sure the drivers window will operate (the Transport Operator needs to have it down to load the vehicle)
No, carrier’s have insurance at no additional charge to you to cover your vehicle.
CSL Auto Transport
No, this is the responsibility of the person shipping the vehicle. We do not take responsibility for items placed or left in the vehicle. Any issues with those items or any damage they cause to the vehicle are the responsibility of the person shipping the vehicle.
Our Transporting Equipment and safety issues are the restricting factor. We make every attempt to pickup/deliver you vehicle at your desired location. When it is determined by our Transport Operator that he cannot get to your door and operate safely, he will find a safe location such as a parking lot or shopping mall close by.
Safety is the first concern – if the conditions are not safe the Transport Operator will need to make other arrangements with you. We will make every effort to deliver your vehicle as safely as possible.
The transporters range from 48 to 86 feet long and typically require 60-120 feet of clear unobstructed area to load or unload your vehicle.
Depending on the combination of the vehicles between 2 to 7 vehicles.
Yes, they are protected from anything dropping, spilling, or leaking from the vehicle above. The vehicles are checked frequently to prevent any damage.
We can accommodate in-operable vehicles. There is an additional fee for this service. For us to handle an “in-op” and it must roll and steer at a minimum. You are responsible to get the “in-op” vehicle to within 30 feet of the back of the transporter and ready to be hooked onto by our winch and pulled into the trailer.
Our model of operation is to identify one Transport Operator and have them assigned to your move the hole way. Only in rare instances do we involve more than one Transport Operator in a move. CSL Auto Transport along with our Transport Operators, take pride in each move.
No. Our way of doing business is to have a Transport Operator pick the vehicle up from you or a designate at the origin and the same Transport Operator deliver it to you or your designate at the destination.
Yes, vehicles are being picked up and delivered almost every day primarily during daylight hours.
Concern for your schedule issues are part of each step of our process:
- The quote – we give you a range of days we are available to load and the approximate number of days it will take to transport your vehicle to the delivery location.
- The order is placed – The range of days for the pickup of the vehicle is placed on the schedule and the Transport Operator is assigned.
- Transport Operator assignment – The Transport Operator calls the customer and fine-tunes the pickup. He tries to take into account any issues you may have i.e. doctor’s appointments etc. He also provides his cell phone number in case you have any changes in plans, or just want to assess his progress.
- Day before (24 hours in advance if possible) – where possible, at this point, the Transport Operator coordinates the appointment within a range of a few hours.
- Same Day - Typically the Transport Operator provides a courtesy call when leaving the stop prior to yours, to let you know that they are still on schedule.
- Vehicle is loaded – The Transport Operator calls the delivery contact to let them know the vehicle is loaded on the transporter. He also gives the approximate timeframe (day or days) of delivery. He will also provide his cell phone number for follow-up communications.
- The communications for the delivery will now follow the same process as the pickup communications with the Transport Operator. The actual appointment time will be coordinated, as we get closer to the delivery.
- Typically you have at least 24 hour notice of pickup and delivery appointments.
- We prefer to deliver and pickup during sunlight hours.
- We try to minimize impacts to your day and/or schedule.
You will need to provide an alternative delivery designate. We try to avoid this by anticipating these concerns all the way back at the order placement phase of the process. We have been resourceful about alternative delivery designates such as:
- Co-employee at delivery location (work site).
- Dealership for your vehicle at delivery location (i.e. drop it off for service etc).
- Meet you at the airport as you arrive, if our timing is close.
- Neighbor etc.
They are the same thing.
Cash or Cashiers check only – no credit cards or personal checks unless you have made special arrangements when you booked your transport.
Please keep in mind we pride ourselves on having an excellent communication record. We pride ourselves in our on time performance both in pickup and delivery. We have a concern for the value of your time.
We believe communication is the key to our business. We strive to keep the customer informed throughout the process.
During the Quote – communication with Dispatch/ Sales office regular business hours EST with monitoring after hours and weekends.
Before the Move – either the Transport Operator or the office, will contact you as early as possible prior to pickup. We strive for more than 24-hour notice and we will provide you with our Transport Operators cell phone numbers.
At Pickup – the Transport Operator will be in contact with you 24 hours prior to pick up via his cell phone coordinating with you.
During the move – you have the Transport Operators cell phone to allow you to contact him directly throughout the move. The Transport Operator will also be in contact with you letting you know the vehicle is loaded and how he is progressing against the schedule.
Just before delivery – the drive will be in contact with you the day before and possibly when leaving the prior stop.
After Delivery – If required (you request or we are delivering to a designate) the Transport Operator w call and let you know the delivery has been made.
As follow-up to the move – Our office may follow-up with a Quality Control call to review the move.
Are carriers secure vehicles using a soft-tie system of web straps that go “over” the tires not through the wheels. This is the same system used for all high-end new vehicles. We do not use chains to tie the vehicles down.
Family owned business with direct involvement by the owner.
Concern for the Customer.
Concern for the Vehicle.
Communication with the customer.
Integrity in our commitments.
Quality of our personnel.
Quality of our equipment.
We have a dependable, reliable and ethical commitment to “do what we say we are going to do”.
Pickup and delivery locations including mileage between them.
Season or time of year.
Availability of equipment.
Availability of space on the equipment.
While the family has been involved separately in the transportation business since the 1980‘s. We formed CSL Auto Transport in 2004.
In-operable or winch fees if your vehicle doesn’t operate and it was quoted as being an operational vehicle. Additional charges for services that you agreed to and that were provided after the quote was given.
The title is not required on a domestic move, but may possibly be needed on an international move.
CSL Auto Transport has authority to operate in all 50 States. They do not operate in Mexico.
Approximately 30 minutes of your time at origin and destination in order to perform a thorough vehicle inspection and the proper paperwork to be completed.
No, the Transport Operator needs to have access to all areas of the vehicle.
No, your vehicle will be on a secured enclosed transporter.
Please advise the transporter of the security system and it’s capabilities.
We require 1 key needed to access all areas of the vehicle.